Monday, August 18, 2008

Frankfurt and Heidelberg

Saturday, August 16, 2008

It’s 4:30 PM Frankfurt time…not sure when I slept last. Our flight left Atlanta on 6:30 PM on Friday; we arrived in Frankfurt around 9:30 AM, just in time for a tour to Heidelberg. The village and castle were lovely, my dad and I were just ridiculously tired. After the tour, we came back to the airport to wait yet another 6 hours before our connecting flight to Cairo, where we will land around 3:30 AM. My dad is with me for the first week for Cairo. We have a flat in New Cairo and a driver for the week. Hopefully we’ll be able to go to the pyramids before he leaves, so much to do and to straighten out with AUC. The new campus housing is not ready yet, so UC has contracted the Hotels of the Egyptian Armed Forces for us to stay in. The hotels are located at Heliopolis, which is next to the airport, but not next to our classes. My dad and I will decide whether or not I will stay with the on campus plan, or find alternative housing. Meanwhile, here are some pictures from Heidelberg!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures. Wish I could visit. :-)